This Sloppy Joe recipe is a family favorite and is great for a busy weekday.
I love the grass fed beef we get from our CAFE farmers btw.
- Prep Time 5 Minutes
- Cook Time 25 Minutes
- Total Time 30 Minutes
- Serves 4 People
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 c onions, chopped fine
- 1/4 c bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp mustard
- 3/4 c catchup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hamburger buns
- I first start with a pound of ground beef. Over medium heat, brown the beef while breaking it up into semi fine pieces. While that’s cooking I chop the onions and bell pepper fine.
- Once the beef is cooked til no longer pink, I pour off the grease. I usually line a plate with a few layers of paper towels and pour the meat on top. I leave the grease on the pan (instead of wiping it clean).
- Add onions and peppers to the pan and cook til soft stirring frequently.
- Once softened I add the meat back in. I then add the remaining ingredients. Stir well and turn off the heat.
- To serve, lightly warm your favorite buns in the microwave or toaster oven, then put the Sloppy Joe mixture on both sides. We like to eat them “open faced” with a fork.