Pecan Cranberry Bread Recipe
I saw a picture of yummy muffins the other day and it inspired me. I bought the cranberries in early November not knowing exactly what I’d use them for.
Unfortunately, the only local items were the farm fresh eggs and pecans (both from CAFE).
But the cranberries are seasonal 🙂
- Cook Time 40 Minutes
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c pecans, broken
- 1 c whole cranberries
- 3/4 c orange juice
- 1/4 c vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp grated orange rind (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Stir together in a large bowl the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt and blend well.
- Add pecans and cranberries. Stir to coat the nuts and berries.
- In a separate bowl, combine orange juice, oil, egg and orange rind until well blended.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients. Combine until dry ingredients are completely blended into wet ingredients.
- If making bread, bake for 60-70 minutes (35-40 for muffins). Check it at 60 minutes. The top should feel firm not soft when gently pushed. Use a knife or cake tester to see if it comes out clean. Turn out on cake rack. Peel off waxed paper. Turn bread upright and cool on rack.
- Bread freezes very well. Wrap in two layers of plastic wrap and place in freezer storage bag to freeze.